|Leader||Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson|
The Federal Democratic Republic of Treeford is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.959 billion Treefordians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Treefordapolis. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Treefordian economy, worth a remarkable 1,187 trillion Maples a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 170,639 Maples, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It takes a village to catch a criminal, the only things written in the stars are arrest warrants for astrologers, giggling elementary school newspaper reporters want to know why Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson is a silly poophead, and handling people's data is proving an immersive experience. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Treeford's national animal is the Wild Turkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, handling people's data is proving an immersive experience.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, giggling elementary school newspaper reporters want to know why Prime Minister Franklin Wade Swanson is a silly poophead.
- : Treeford endorsed The Kingdom of Syedians.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Haku".
- : Following new legislation in Treeford, the only things written in the stars are arrest warrants for astrologers.
- : Treeford was endorsed by The Kingdom of Syedians.
- : Treeford voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Treeford endorsed The Holy Socialist Republic of Striagro Uspil.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Wysrod, Dustwind, Evertopia, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Liberdon, Namakan, Vivolkha, Maconshinbernititte, Anollasia, Free Land of Rebellium, Krystalveil, Holma, Tausend Seen, Killettland, Mauryana, Grimmywelsh, Violent Trees, Faradova, Yakkandiania, Xanthorrhoea, Selu-Ahare, Katitania, Macrasetia, Coldian, Breosia, The Galactic American Imperium, Kaprein, Ilfarasia, Hashari Darussalam, Solsevara, Fractethyst, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Rog Mily, Jaegerpondonia, Phello, Caribbia, Arnefol, Dolorado, Vayshnoriya Islands, Lisokyo, Clialaad, United Kolance, Selinoz, Striagro Uspil, and Syedians.