|Leader||Chancellor Boris Vasiliovich Ivanov|
The Nation of Transfermium is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Boris Vasiliovich Ivanov with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 9.074 billion Transfermians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dubnium. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Transfermian economy, worth a remarkable 1,539 trillion Transfermian Roubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 169,615 Transfermian Roubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls, and "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Transfermium's national animal is the Tabby Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Walpoleism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Transfermium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Transfermium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Transfermium was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and the Top 5% for Highest Average Incomes, Most Advanced Defense Forces, Highest Economic Output, and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Transfermium altered the regional flag of West Ponit.
- : Transfermium ejected and banned The Republic of Dellre from West Ponit.
- : Transfermium ejected and banned The Republic of Much to the chagrin of the fash Marina from West Ponit.
- : Transfermium ejected and banned The Republic of 25th Angel of The Army from West Ponit.
- : Transfermium updated the World Factbook entry in West Ponit.
- : Following new legislation in Transfermium, "Idol-Worship for the Apathetic" workshops are cancelled when no-one bothers to show up.
- : Following new legislation in Transfermium, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.