The Borderlands of Townbolia is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, national health service, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.594 billion Townbolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. The average income tax rate is 49.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Townbolian economy, worth 491 trillion Kids a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 189,319 Kids, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Economists claim no news is good news, children grow up long before the paperwork for their lemonade stands can be sorted out, the studies of art and philosophy are banned, and late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Leader's questionably sane new coalition partners. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Townbolia's national animal is the Beaver, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Leader's questionably sane new coalition partners.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, the studies of art and philosophy are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, children grow up long before the paperwork for their lemonade stands can be sorted out.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, helicopter parenting is on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, hazmat suits are a common Townbolian garb.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, gambling addicts regularly lose their families' nest eggs at Native Townbolian casinos.
- : Following new legislation in Townbolia, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
Endorsements Received: 219 » Territorio di Nessuno, Corfad, Western Vapia, Shibutani, Frances Francis the First of France, Nolambur, Orado, El Fiji Grande, Guer Aike, Yaorozu, The Rhein States, Empy, Ethnon, Dabarastan, Sundred, Dreadton, North Bratislava, Koda-Land, Seenvorland, Interdimensional Zone, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Steampunk Ariel, Zokk, Ravendi, Destructive Government Endorsing System, McMasterdonia, The Brunchovian Republic of Pina Colada, Valentine Z, Dar es Saalam, Wineclaw, Notyoutopia, Napnomadia, Great Bights Mum, Gnomewatchers, Shadowrik, Wilkshire, Fendlium, Selfgradatude, The Tampa Bay Rays, Glurponia, Hamerica, Kranostav, Eri-Maqa-Ena, 1 very fast endotarter, United Kahndaq, PotatoFarmers, Merconitonitopia, Daiz, Pallaith, and 169 others.Solmetria, Moubarakistan, Stuzemstazem, Sil Dorsett, Loutsland, Xagill, Malta Comino Gozo, Newpromisedland, Table Eaters, Sunto, Zyvetskistaahn, Vincone Cae, Universal State Formula, The Iron Lions, Yokciq Empire, Omnistria, The New Communist Republic Of States, Hyphen, Khoik, The Stratosphere Islands, The Endless Eventide, Votak Matim, Joodey, KhalChicken, Clan Spaniel, Vexilia, Runeda, The Lancerian Empire, Arlens Apartment, Vivanco, Diodone, Crader, The Galactic Triumvirate, Xentherida, SORT, Antiyard, The Windmilluminati, Prevaland, Nistriabar, New Lakemba, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Varola, Unshleepd, New Octicarg, Conservative State of Poland, Kobagia, Maott, The Pantheons, Korovan Isles, Zeternia, Astronomical, Fauzjhia, The Serdey Islands, Greater Pittsburgh, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Sikol, Zzozona, Fluffy Noodles, True Equality For All, Libertania Democratica, I Like Killing people, Necromonia, Former English Colony, Prydania, Termathe, The Calabash Protectorate, Kocherian, Sevinland, Seanat, Brucklania, U S Eh, Eywaan, Highton Islands, Unimaginable Doom, Xyrron, Madjack, Innocentic, Xipher, Kragsgale, Simone Republic, Amerian States, Illusia and Neverendia, Andexia, Pokemanland, Heilhum Imperius, Harjad, Railroad Crossing, Aerilia, Cretox State, Morover, Maclare, Outer Shenendoah, Chips and Guac, Lulubellia, Elvoreto, Navsland, Magna Banitia, Hardscrabble, Republica Guilleana, Jerzykowo, Draconian Progression, Religioncord, Pytong, The Peoples Republic of Kyle, Bankowiata, Kazoo Basin, Venicea, WeKnow, Pasargad, Imperial Pieserged, Maratabat, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Free Atlantis, Slyakanya, Dejure, East Akra, Odelinor, The Pleiads, Desvios, Yellops, Nodnarb, Godwanna, Climeria, Seijitsu, Blyskalia, Port Naga, Svenskskit, Bharathvarsh, Que Lukustinardon, Planes, His Enduring Majesty, The Mazur Empire, Colfes, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Sachi, Nalver And, Star Kingdom, Vesteysia, Gondwanaia, Francois Isidore, Barabolia, Valgarda, Svenskan, Free Salvation, Wisconsota, Zemnaya Svoboda, UDont, Minich, Sanjurika, Figyjharli, Wapistan, Trumpski, Kromi, Dangine, Questann, Siforpeo, Lol2639, Travislavania, Shotokonia, Tyirza, Super Girl, BTProductions, Fraystonia, Uzbek Khan, Aryan Homeland, Mon Island, Strongwill, Alexander the Magnus, and Viridiann.