|Leader||Her Majesty Empress Sofía II|
The Empire of Towi Lamia is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Her Majesty Empress Sofía II with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, digital currency, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 928 million Towilamians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esmeralda. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Towilamian economy, worth 99.8 trillion rets a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,557 rets, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is, and the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Towi Lamia's national animal is the kuele, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Towi Lamia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break.
- : Following new legislation in Towi Lamia, every week is blindness awareness week.
Endorsements Received: 144 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Anachronolandia, Beepee, Erinor, Tsunamy, The Solar System Scope, Concrete Slab, Si-topia, Cypheri, Jaxon, Jehenna, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Utondara, Crabius, Nowa Europa, Avalonica, Escevola, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Ancient Slobovia, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Luddinlande, United States of Vietnam, Liberated Lambergs, Abarri, Quiescent, Aywhyou, Noveos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Oxsania, Kholdan, The National Corporation, Kringalia, Tsvetania, Sagada, La Ascension, Silberne Wache, Galaxy Federation, Darakin, Lotadia, Theorin, Macrothea, Kerlodia, RestartAll, Janapuri, Madhonia, Kongoudess, Curlyhoward, Atomic Garden, and 94 others.Hanguk-Nippon, Grouu, Aurcania, Northendia, Esfalsa, Shengtie, Saciu, Ufask, Great Andora, Drystar, USNE2018, Barabarom, Isokenzar, Lightmare, Pastir, Kiasu-ism, Dylar, Techganet, LaPia, Deosdora, Lost And Found, Iristead, Braavos and Lorath, Udaron, United Qwebland, Aguatania, Corgitopiaa, Uncastania, Yeldarbsland, Camante, Center Lisle, Grimsby town, Rosamie, Moreana, Hasilberg, Thuringia Reich, Aneas, Sedunn, A Frog Dimension, Transcostria, Nankyoku Tairiku, Upper Usok Valley, Aumeltopia, Xandev, Spearos, Cuuldere, Lorora3, Whimichy, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Rabbitz, Paranoia, Natcatjojo, Mirutania, Freedoom, Qilai, Kroumos, Sthalrim, Midand, Calistan, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Darbor, The Filippinas, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Qairus, Birdkeeper, Ostanasia, The Canadian Republic Colonies, Lumpov Hasch, Pax Dracon, Bear Connors Paradiso, Maletora, Ariankido, Wehraboos, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, United Weshickstine, The Dragon Enclave, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, Herbert Island, Stoniamera, Akindom, Revanial, Violent Peacenicks, Choodox, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Agalaesia, Churumduul, San Anaben, and Chocholand.