The Unified People of Tovenia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Thane Yan-Ronson with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 3.1 billion Tovenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hougun. The average income tax rate is 74.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tovenian economy, worth 397 trillion Lys a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,251 Lys, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
People are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies, Thane Yan-Ronson claims no responsibility for what Thane Yan-Ronson's government does, snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Thane Yan-Ronson's majority, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tovenia's national animal is the Tree Weasle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Non-existent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tovenia endorsed The Free Land of Ancient Canines.
- : Tovenia was endorsed by The Free Land of Ancient Canines.
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Tovenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, snap elections are called whenever there's a chance to increase Thane Yan-Ronson's majority.
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, Thane Yan-Ronson claims no responsibility for what Thane Yan-Ronson's government does.
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven.
- : Following new legislation in Tovenia, news headlines suggest that Thane Yan-Ronson has a sideline in guinea pig pimping.
- : Tovenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
Endorsements Received: 78 » Sylh Alanor, Melenavenia, Nottinghaven, Junitaki-cho, Michelland, New Filippe, Liphia, Golden gateway, Araine, Typica, Koayo, The Star Enpire, Inaros OPA, Vikoland, Uitmuntendheid, Valdonland, Northern Endo, New Pi-Ramesses, Axolotlta, Nangka, Remnants of the Pacific, Haibaria, Perpetual Light, Eleland, Floofybit, Letargia, Moulk2, Nekhuser-Ra, Adawu, Denimz, Aephony, Josu, Narwhal, The Land Named Bob, Tiralta, Irelis, Fel Vudos, Hathniland, Duneraven, Grayk San, Pangeodrea, Iscandare, Hoqeallistan, Delta Vega IV, Vandermeer, Free Syria, Far Anoglinlan, Crialdenna, Brazileand, Everetunga-Hari, and 28 others.Aumbura, Applemarsh, Porthosia, Polushia, Akiden, Skrunklyland, Bobesville-Sholstine, Astralania, Ladita, El domico, Bey Land, Eastern Lancasteria, Froler, Bus house, LibAnSocCom AlgoCyboSciento Permaecology, Ecologiania, Crawnaft, Talvezout, Obsidian Snake, Roguepalace, Michis, Caretakers and Clockwatchers, Yondoria, Tralfamdore, Orangino, Kaltea, Ruhrrheinia, and Ancient Canines.