The Federal Republic of Tottoro is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Lady Mitsuki with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.176 billion Tottoroans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Edokko. The average income tax rate is 84.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tottoroan economy, worth 604 trillion Meis a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 116,806 Meis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Tottoroans seem to be catching more chills, centuries-old marble buildings are being torn down and replaced with corrugated steel wind tunnels, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, and disposable antiseptic wipes are considered a social necessity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tottoro's national animal is the tanuki, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tottoro was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Tottoro's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tottoro's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tottoro's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tottoro was refounded in Balder.
- : Tottoro ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Tottoro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Tottoro was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Tottoro was endorsed by The Republic of Tolfaer.
- : Tottoro was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.