The Protectorate of Totoro is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.099 billion Parhasques live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaoma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.8%.
The powerhouse Totoroan economy, worth 743 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 61,457 Parhean Tongboes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 417,838 per year while the poor average 3,302, a ratio of 126 to 1.
Colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Totoro's new capital, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Totoro's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Totoro's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Totoro's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Totoro's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Totoro's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Totoro was refounded in Osiris.
- : Totoro ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Totoro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Totoro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fattest Citizens and Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Totoro was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Totoro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.