|Animal||Spotted Red Wolf|
The Constitutional Monarchy of Torvon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Rylon Arslan with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.455 billion Torvonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cape Cotesmin. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Torvonian economy, worth 125 trillion Sekinars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 86,342 Sekinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', and Torvon isn't what it used to be. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Torvon's national animal is the Spotted Red Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Compassion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torvon was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Sab Demenr.
- : Torvon was endorsed by The Eternal Forthright Republic of The Trilla Gang Mafia.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, Torvon isn't what it used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Torvon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Torvon, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Cape Cotesmin.
- : Torvon was endorsed by The Fake World Wonderland of Kinoko.
- : Torvon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
Endorsements Received: 36 » Whitmarche, Lesser Velutaria, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Gadorien, Hatstheput, San Calia, Bro Wyned, Southern Velutaria, Kentalis, Fallooplesburg, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Abjekistan, Framosia, The New Bulgarian Order, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Junterland, Regauria, Zhousheng, Valcouria, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Gran Rugido, Amrelia, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Gavrilia, Kinoko, The Trilla Gang Mafia, and Sab Demenr.