The Subterranean Fortress of Torranta is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Erú Ilúvatar with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.07 billion Archaeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ithilien. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.3%.
The powerhouse Arcane economy, worth 260 trillion Mithrils a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 125,969 Mithrils, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 389,554 per year while the poor average 31,405, a ratio of 12.4 to 1.
The children of Torranta are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, supermarket milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets, straitjackets are a common religious garb, and school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students. Crime is relatively low. Torranta's national animal is the Eglat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ardism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torranta's influence in Lands End fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Torranta was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Bonnie Blue Republic.
- : Torranta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Torranta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Torranta was endorsed by The Sultanate of Sarranid Sultanate.
- : Torranta was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of The Sand Grains.
- : Torranta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Torranta was endorsed by The United Democratic federation of The Democracy of Red Star.
- : Torranta was endorsed by The Capitalistic Free Lands of Clarkentrent.
- : Torranta lodged a message on the Lands End Regional Message Board.