|Leader||President Doug McDowell|
The Democracy of Torisakia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Doug McDowell with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.34 billion Torisakians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, with Industry, Social Policy, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokai. The average income tax rate is 44.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Torisakian economy, worth a remarkable 2,322 trillion Torisakian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,635 Torisakian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash, a burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons, the population's jaw muscles put sharks to shame, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Torisakia's national animal is the Ice Bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Torisakia lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- : Torisakia published "Torisakia National Association Football Team" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Torisakia's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Torisakia's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities".
- : Torisakia created a custom banner.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Starblaydi WA Mission.