|Leader||President Doug McDowell|
The Democracy of Torisakia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Doug McDowell with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 20.402 billion Torisakians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tokai. The average income tax rate is 67.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Torisakian economy, worth a remarkable 2,665 trillion Torisakian Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 130,627 Torisakian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary, and playing an online nation simulation game legally obliges you to buy the creator's latest novel. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Torisakia's national animal is the Ice Bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Torisakia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Torisakia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Torisakia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
- : Torisakia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : Torisakia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".