The Republic of Toquasia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Vladimir Karnak with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, otherworldly petting zoo, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate population of 5.817 billion Toquasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Masayaf. The average income tax rate is 84.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Toquasian economy, worth 746 trillion Yurels a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,373 Yurels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities, the Navy has outraged the international community by sinking a boatload of refugees to prevent them reaching the shore, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and teachers regularly paddle unruly students. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toquasia's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toquasian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, teachers regularly paddle unruly students.
- : Toquasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, the Navy has outraged the international community by sinking a boatload of refugees to prevent them reaching the shore.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Toquasian language.
- : Toquasia published "Anthony Quatrain III appointed prime minister" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Central Library Compact".
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Yurel charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Raghallaigh, Elizabeth II Windsor, Mousebumples, Katkasistan, FedRabbistan, Omaha Utopia, NGC 6543, Potchen, Gordio, Samudera Darussalam, Celtian, The Republic of IceIceJay, NC Freedomtown, Noahs Second Country, Psydrae, Trinnien, Test641, Malashaan Colony, Vorhollah, Ivelboria, Pixelistan, Pacificina, Jahuvia, Fantazon, North Cascades, Nau States, and Sartaria.