|Leader||President Mark Andropov|
The Republic of Toquasia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Mark Andropov with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, humorless population of 13.93 billion Toquasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Masayaf. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Toquasian economy, worth a remarkable 2,242 trillion Yurels a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 161,001 Yurels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Armed security details escort librarians to their homes, statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, and almost all products in Toquasia are hand-crafted due to strict employment laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toquasia's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Toquasian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toquasia published "President Andropov wins re-election" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia published "Presidential election begins" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, almost all products in Toquasia are hand-crafted due to strict employment laws.
- : Toquasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Free Joy State".
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The Beartopia of The Nation of the People of the Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis.
- : Toquasia published "Frederick Medvedev to run for President" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The Faceless Bureaucrat of The United Peoples of Centrism.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Katkasistan, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Estanglia, Murden, Brickfield, Liberepublia, Igueranel, Vlazinova, Purgitz, Pirataria, Pentisia, Walchia, Polgaria, Poquaoi, Old Aweic Wirs, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Precisely Nothing, Ipsonasia, Free Rosabell, Dat Countreh, Twilight Ways, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Uniarq, Winnak, Purple Ruthenia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Caffeinated, Mikkazuki, Ajaccino, New Peoples Empire, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Chungus World, Baobab-Bumbaria, United-Marrshmallows, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Galiciajulian12345, West Guam, Windmill, Depression and Suffering, Lethen, Novamexia 3, and 11 others.Elaeria, Thurston, ACNW, North Cluffynna, Svenskan, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Emastalia, Bowzunga, The United Peoples of Centrism, and The Nation of the People of the Nation.