The Republic of Toquasia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Hagrid Romanov with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 6.694 billion Toquasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Masayaf. The average income tax rate is 88.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Toquasian economy, worth 924 trillion Yurels a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,099 Yurels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Translators have been hired to deal with the varying regional accents during national political debates, criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Toquasian, and surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toquasia's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toquasian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toquasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Gest"".
- : Toquasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Neutrality Act"".
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bulaki.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The Federation of Andreso.
- : Toquasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Reventus Koth".
- : Toquasia endorsed The Delegate-Elect of Aexnidaral.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Toquasian.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, criminals are put to death while cuddling their favourite teddy bear.
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The Empire of Rickman.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Raghallaigh, Elizabeth II Windsor, Mousebumples, Katkasistan, FedRabbistan, Omaha Utopia, Gordio, Noahs Second Country, Malashaan Colony, Pacificina, Sartaria, Le Libertia, Erica, New Aweic Wirs, BooBooBus, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Kaytteria, The Havon, Helvard, Avok Island, Treysil and the Apill Isles, Land Of Bobtopia, Putinski, Ecrye, Potchen, Kelvinia North, Democracy of Antwerpia, The Land of Devestation, Aexnidaral, Trollfaceia, Possibly this, Rickman, Andreso, and Bulaki.