The Republic of Toquasia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Dmitri Koshenko with an even hand, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 6.174 billion Toquasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Masayaf. The average income tax rate is 88.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Toquasian economy, worth 831 trillion Yurels a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 134,753 Yurels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toquasia's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toquasian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toquasia published "John vastak announces presidential candidacy" (Account: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business.
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The United States of BooBooBus.
- : Toquasia published "President Koshenko will not seek re election" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation of Tobacco Advertising".
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, for the sake of 'public interest' news programs tell viewers how to home-make Sarin gas bombs.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Raghallaigh, Elizabeth II Windsor, Mousebumples, Katkasistan, FedRabbistan, Omaha Utopia, Potchen, Gordio, The Republic of IceIceJay, Noahs Second Country, Psydrae, Test641, Malashaan Colony, Ivelboria, Pixelistan, Pacificina, Sartaria, Le Libertia, Erica, New Aweic Wirs, Wellser, and BooBooBus.