The Republic of Toquasia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Ben Marston with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, avant-garde cinema, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless population of 6.358 billion Toquasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Masayaf. The average income tax rate is 89.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Toquasian economy, worth 876 trillion Yurels a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 137,795 Yurels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, the government seizes all major gold finds, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts, and the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toquasia's national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toquasian Orthodox.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toquasia published "Hagrid Romanov announces presidential candidacy" (Account: Culture).
- : Toquasia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Treysil and the Apill Isles.
- : Toquasia published "President marston announces re election bid" (Account: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Toquasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Toquasia, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Raghallaigh, Elizabeth II Windsor, Mousebumples, Katkasistan, FedRabbistan, Omaha Utopia, Gordio, Noahs Second Country, Malashaan Colony, Ivelboria, Pacificina, Sartaria, Le Libertia, Erica, New Aweic Wirs, BooBooBus, The United Socialist Republic of Datlof, Kaytteria, The Havon, Helvard, Avok Island, and Treysil and the Apill Isles.