The Starving Peasants of Topoliani is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Dandi with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.442 billion Topolianians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Topoliani. The average income tax rate is 26.6%.
The thriving Topolianian economy, worth 472 trillion Hyperpyrons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,360 Hyperpyrons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topoliani's national animal is the Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topoliani's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Topoliani's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Topoliani's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Topoliani altered its national flag.
- : Topoliani was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Topoliani ceased to exist in The Labyrinth.
- : Topoliani published "Iseabail Forsyth [WIP]" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Topoliani's influence in The Labyrinth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Topoliani changed its national animal to "Badger", its currency to "Hyperpyron", and its faith to "Christianity".
- : Topoliani lodged a message on the The Labyrinth Regional Message Board.