The Free State of Topid is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Alex Corvis with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and aversion to nipples. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 22.273 billion Topes enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crow City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Topian economy, worth a remarkable 6,308 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 283,214 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 9.8 times as much as the poorest.
Amusement park rides frequently collapse due to lack of maintenance, foreign leaders who don't applaud Alex Corvis's speeches are regarded as enemies of Topid, citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, and workers have their fruitcake and eat it too. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Topid's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Heartagrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Topid's influence in St Abbaddon rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Topid resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Topid lodged a message on the St Abbaddon Regional Message Board.
- : Topid relocated from St Abby to St Abbaddon.