The Merry Christmas State of Topid is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Alex Corvis with an even hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, unlimited-speed roads, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 19.195 billion Topes enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crow City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Topian economy, worth a remarkable 5,443 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 283,575 dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,147,686 per year while the poor average 10,502, a ratio of 204 to 1.
Tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash, annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt, it's a hard-knock life for the orphans doing factory work for a pittance, and Violetist maidens who fall for an outsider must leave their violet light districts in shame. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Topid's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Heartagrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Topid's influence in Pacifica rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".