The Eye of Topdop is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, strictly enforced bedtime, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate population of 7.428 billion Topdopians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 59.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Topdopian economy, worth 469 trillion tops a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is 63,185 tops, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, criminals are thrown to the dragons to repay their debt to society, and wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Topdop's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Topdop relocated from The East Pacific to Corporate.
- : Topdop relocated from Corporate to The East Pacific.
- : Topdop's influence in Corporate fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Topdop's influence in Corporate rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Topdop's influence in Corporate rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Topdop's influence in Corporate rose from "Contender" to "Power".
- : Topdop's influence in Corporate rose from "Zero" to "Contender".
- : Topdop relocated from Balder to Corporate.
- : Topdop was refounded in Balder.
- : Topdop ceased to exist in Osiris.