|Capital||The Hall of Servitors|
The Holy Empire of Toonela is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 653 million Toonelans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Hall of Servitors. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Toonelan economy, worth 44.9 trillion surpluses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 68,811 surpluses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Harry Potter books are banned, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, the aims of top-secret Toonelan science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman, and Toonelan tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toonela's national animal is the black eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toonela's influence in The Social Liberal Union rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Toonela was endorsed by The Community of Lavta.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, Toonelan tourists are encouraged to hand out spare condoms to locals while on vacation.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, the aims of top-secret Toonelan science projects revolve around designing the perfect robot woman.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Toonela was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, every school is receiving a brand new eraser.
- : Following new legislation in Toonela, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Brys questions, North American Republics, East Fredonia, Harndon, Drennicka, Goncar, Republic of Desmondia, Kanoria, Jyskmark, The Possna, Crindent, Ethics Committee, Hirematia, Weltrepublik Erde, Heejunia, Rupee Arf Baggard, New Ariesian, Isla Czarnagora, and Lavta.