The People's Republic of Tonguo is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its hatred of cheese, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 953 million Tonguonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alia D'Iman. The average income tax rate is 79.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tonguoan economy, worth 84.7 trillion Gold Ingots a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,927 Gold Ingots, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs, and the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tonguo's national animal is the Zharif, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tonguo, the government has an entire department dedicated to staring at microscopes and writing down letters.
- : Following new legislation in Tonguo, the nation is stuck in permanent election mode as politicians demand constant do-overs.
- : Tonguo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Tonguo endorsed Mongolian peoples republic.
- : Tonguo endorsed The Republic of Widowed Land.
- : Tonguo was endorsed by The Republic of Widowed Land.
- : Tonguo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Tonguo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".
- : Tonguo endorsed The Democratic Republic of Belarusiaa.
- : Following new legislation in Tonguo, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Ex Patrian SSR, NamChoSun, Jerno, DDPexG, Panhist Turkey, Luperca, Anarchist LGBT NazTrot Communism, Socialist Nova Terra, Nordgardia, U R S B, Godnumia Verblentaul, Marting, Memeist, Mohea, Zealantica, Soberanos-Socialistas, Belarusiaa, and Widowed Land.