The Federal Republic of Tomtjenland is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Tom with a fair hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 2.35 billion Tomtjenlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newtown. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Tomtjenlandian economy, worth 415 trillion tomanian dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 176,867 tomanian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, and supervisors in Tomtjenland commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tomtjenland's national animal is the dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tomtjenland was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Tomtjenland was endorsed by The Kingdom of New-El.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, supervisors in Tomtjenland commonly tie bells on their necks to alert employees of their presence.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Tomtjenlandian language.
- : Following new legislation in Tomtjenland, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders.
Endorsements Received: 119 » Notyoutopia, Holy Oranz, Meritdom, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Sunto, Vegetarian States, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Xentherida, Guslantis, Malta Comino Gozo, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Sankami, Shadowrik, Apetopia, ABC, Frances Francis the First of France, Wineclaw, Hong Kong Empire, Bharathvarsh, Enosville, Wisconsota, Morrn, Selfgradatude, Elspeth and Samina, Kaschovia, Vazali, Lord Ravenclaw, Omicron Persei V111, Southern Stroraia, HMS Unicorn, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, Kingdom of Space, Gnate, Kwaj, Amerian States, General COE, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Rylam, Diodone, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, and 69 others.Forunte, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Necromonia, Plembobria, Prevaland, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Beowulfe, The Utopian Movement, Yaris, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Ausmercia, United States of Panthalassa, Reannia, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Republic of Dixie, Palisede, Vogonlandia, Clintonburge, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Corfad, Cloydicia, The Kyziban Islands, Bayern-Straubing, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Stareogratia, Zandir Antari, Sanjurika, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Maestros haven, Territorio di Nessuno, Lionia, Phillywob, Cuyan, Asuroka, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Beodarasc, Celebia, Rockym, Walist, Thenaca, Qyrym, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Deropia, Yukkira, Victoriaans Nederlands, Blurds, Libotionia, New-El, and Midds Conia.