The Republic of Tofoon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Alexander Fleming with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and daily referendums. The compassionate population of 1.415 billion Tofoonese are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capitol. The average income tax rate is 92.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tofoonese economy, worth 163 trillion Tofoon Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 115,300 Tofoon Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Tofoon Dollar mansions, being Alexander Fleming has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs, and the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tofoon's national animal is the Tofoonese Hummingbirds, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tofoon was endorsed by The Free Land of Kalaratri.
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, being Alexander Fleming has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-Tofoon Dollar mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, kindergartners' favourite dance move is the stop-drop-and-roll.
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard.
- : Tofoon was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Tofoon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Tofoon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Following new legislation in Tofoon, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Freedom Fascists, VW53Aland, Asendavia, Debluu, Brotherland, A mean old man, Gunov, East Malaysia, New Leganes, Modra, Axdel, Oofery, Duracell, Elejamie, Kaigi, Goodnamesarerare, Bai Lung, The Almighty Country, Firenation91, Staynes, United China Nation, Impia Aghte, Cacnesia, Santa Dystopia, Kelsyth, Eastern Alksearia, BearStackof2015, North Bernia, Wiranath, Greater New Cassandra, The Three States of Fortuna, Republic of Berzerkistan, Servants of Gizmo, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wallenburg, Great Algerstonia, Pledonia, Blobon, Blobbo, Dravida India, FreedomIand, Jove Mahmo, Barfleur, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Ridann, Nevertopia, From New World, Empire of Dabiristan, and 23 others.Fellon, Adolanta, Enlil, Veterans Association, Maricentria, Aquyia, Dahom, Northern Celavon, Colligation, Albrook, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Roissyland, Layngderfleethe, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Aivintis, Bakla Island, CheeseBurrito, Edwardsport, Juangpen, Vul Handa, Alemannian Empire, and Kalaratri.