The Commonwealth of Titanjo is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 198 million Titananoj love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Titaniano economy, worth 1.15 trillion kreditoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 5,812 kreditoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, and films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Titanjo's national animal is the Termite, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Titanjo's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Titanjo's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Titanjo altered its national flag.
- : Titanjo was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Titanjo ceased to exist in The West Pacific.
- : Titanjo's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Following new legislation in Titanjo, films are funded in accordance with the volume of tears shed when reading the screenplay.
- : Following new legislation in Titanjo, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Titanjo was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Titanjo, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits.