The Community of Timuria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Rahim Muhadow with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.217 billion Timurians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Demir. The average income tax rate is 85.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Timurian economy, worth 279 trillion Demirs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Average income is 86,994 Demirs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Organ donation is compulsory, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Timuria, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and a degree in Rahim Muhadow Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Timuria's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Nicest Citizens.
- : Timuria published "The Third Timurian Parliament" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Timuria changed its national leader to "Rahim Muhadow".
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Timuria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.