The Grand Duchy of Tiesa is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Christian VII with an even hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless, devout population of 9.149 billion Tiesans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Welfare, with Education, Social Policy, and Defense also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skovkrogen. The average income tax rate is 73.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tiesan economy, worth 897 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,100 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", it ain't easy to be green enough to be imported into Tiesa, and factories grind to a halt every time there is an election. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tiesa's national animal is the swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tiesa's influence in The Mexican Empire fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Tiesa's influence in The Mexican Empire rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Tiesa's influence in The Mexican Empire rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Tiesa's influence in The Mexican Empire rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Tiesa's influence in The Mexican Empire rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Tiesa relocated from Europe to The Mexican Empire.
- : Tiesa's influence in Europe rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Tiesa's influence in Europe rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Tiesa's influence in Europe rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Tiesa relocated from The Grand British Union to Europe.