The Free Land of Tierra de Madre is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Mandela with an even hand, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.974 billion Tierrabytes enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dar es Salaam. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The large but inefficient Tierrabyte economy, worth 801 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 53,529 Pebbles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back, the Tierrabyte Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Tierra de Madre's radio stations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tierra de Madre's national animal is the Sauropod, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tierra de Madre lodged a message on the Renegade Islands Alliance Regional Message Board.
- : Tierra de Madre was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Icthaleon.
- : Tierra de Madre was endorsed by The Republic of Zoom-7.
- : Tierra de Madre was endorsed by The Natural Empire of The Kerguelen Archipelago.
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Tierra de Madre was endorsed by The United States of Montagland.
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Tierra de Madre's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
Endorsements Received: 14 » Jute, Evolution Land, Eist, The Lowlands and Saxony, The Confederation of Sense and Compassio, Saint Moreno, Riveti, Saint Yeshaya, Stanstanstanstanstanstan, The Fourth Moon of Yavin, Timothia, Montagland, The Kerguelen Archipelago, and Icthaleon.