|Capital||Dar es Salaam|
The Free Land of Tierra de Madre is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mandela with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, national health service, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 15.781 billion Tierrabytes enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dar es Salaam. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The large but inefficient Tierrabyte economy, worth 828 trillion Pebbles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 52,479 Pebbles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Beaches are empty as the shark population multiplies exponentially, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back, the Tierrabyte Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Tierra de Madre's radio stations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tierra de Madre's national animal is the Sauropod, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tierra de Madre's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Tierra de Madre's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Tierra de Madre relocated from Osiris to Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Tierra de Madre was refounded in Osiris.
- : Tierra de Madre ceased to exist in Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Tierra de Madre's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Tierra de Madre was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Tierra de Madre was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.