The Grand Duchy of Thyrrvania is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Grand Duke Gustav I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, zero percent divorce rate, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.755 billion Thyrrvanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sväljahavn. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Thyrrvanian economy, worth 183 trillion Eagles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 48,999 Eagles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thyrrvania's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thyrrvania's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Thyrrvania's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Thyrrvania's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Thyrrvania's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Thyrrvania was refounded in Osiris.
- : Thyrrvania ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Thyrrvania was endorsed by The Republic of Pakistan 001.
- : Thyrrvania was endorsed by The United States of Tredano.
- : Thyrrvania was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of The Lancerian Empire.
- : Thyrrvania was endorsed by The Community of Coppicia.