The Kingdom of Thoven is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, unlimited-speed roads, and national health service. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 922 million Thovenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thovenian economy, worth 118 trillion Thevs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 128,785 Thevs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Educators and parents alike are allowing children to view the internet again after violent videos were purged, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them, and thalassophobia and heliophobia are on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thoven's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Terove.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, thalassophobia and heliophobia are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Eckie-Ecola and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Midds Conia.
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Kingdom of New-El.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, educators and parents alike are allowing children to view the internet again after violent videos were purged.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, sleazy politicans exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Pallaith, Enosville, Vegetarian States, Sunto, Kwaj, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Mercy Land, Frances Francis the First of France, The Akhara Islands, Kaschovia, Omicron Persei V111, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Hong Kong Empire, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Gnate, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Selfgradatude, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Necromonia, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Beowulfe, Prevaland, Kelvaros Prime, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, Yaris, Buckerino, and 55 others.Ausmercia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Reannia, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Republic of Dixie, Palisede, Malta Comino Gozo, Clintonburge, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, United States of Panthalassa, Amerian States, Stareogratia, Zandir Antari, Sanjurika, Xentherida, Vogonlandia, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Maestros haven, Territorio di Nessuno, Lionia, Phillywob, Cuyan, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Celebia, Forunte, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Thenaca, Beodarasc, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Rockym, Deropia, Yukkira, Victoriaans Nederlands, Morrn, New-El, Midds Conia, and Terove.