The Kingdom of Thoven is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 530 million Thovenians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 48.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thovenian economy, worth 62.5 trillion Thevs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 117,984 Thevs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, the ban on cars has been repealed, and burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thoven's national animal is the Stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, the ban on cars has been repealed.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Eluvataran Isles.
- : Thoven was endorsed by The Federation of Marsh Castle.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Upper Portlandia, Pallaith, Enosville, Vegetarian States, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Sunto, Kwaj, Great Bights Mum, Valdr, Shadowrik, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Mercy Land, Frances Francis the First of France, The Akhara Islands, Neo-Zeno, Kaschovia, Omicron Persei V111, General COE, Ovsterland, Reannia, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Gnate, Faxfleet, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Kizja, Selfgradatude, Religioncord, Kobagia, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Necromonia, and 5 others.Plembobria, Whian Odeistan, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Sheppey.