The Kingdom of Thoven is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, national health service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.243 billion Thovenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 66.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Thovenian economy, worth 176 trillion Thevs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 142,303 Thevs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, when people ask what the difference is between politicians and lawyers they are referred to document c15(iv) section 14.1 subsection 3.2 of the Jan 2015 political category definition guidance codes, employers are gradually adapting to the alien premise of paying wages to their workers, and family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thoven's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, employers are gradually adapting to the alien premise of paying wages to their workers.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, when people ask what the difference is between politicians and lawyers they are referred to document c15(iv) section 14.1 subsection 3.2 of the Jan 2015 political category definition guidance codes.
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 5% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority.
- : Thoven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, medical experts advise that those claiming to be medical experts are probably fraudsters.
- : Following new legislation in Thoven, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government.
Endorsements Received: 111 » Pallaith, Enosville, Vegetarian States, Sunto, Kwaj, Great Bights Mum, Shadowrik, Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Mercy Land, Frances Francis the First of France, The Akhara Islands, Kaschovia, Omicron Persei V111, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Gnate, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Selfgradatude, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Necromonia, Plembobria, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Prevaland, Kelvaros Prime, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, Yaris, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, and 61 others.Republic of Dixie, Palisede, Malta Comino Gozo, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, United States of Panthalassa, Amerian States, Stareogratia, Xentherida, Vogonlandia, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Maestros haven, Territorio di Nessuno, Lionia, Phillywob, Cuyan, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Celebia, Forunte, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Thenaca, Beodarasc, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Deropia, Victoriaans Nederlands, New-El, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, Apetopia, Agrauron, Reannia, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, NatsukiLand, Sanjurika, Guyomartand, Malvad, ThE eNd oF eE, Merconitonitopia, Gospel Power, Astal Aavors, Avornica, and Bridgett.