The Heathen Kingdom of Thorway is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its daily referendums, avant-garde cinema, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, humorless population of 1.616 billion Thorwegians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halmishamn. The average income tax rate is 24.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thorwayian economy, worth 194 trillion Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,075 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fruit pickers with degrees in Rat psychology are a common sight, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights, and bruised children are made to thank their bullies for the valuable life lessons. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Thorway's national animal is the Rat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Heathenry.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Thorway, bruised children are made to thank their bullies for the valuable life lessons.
- : Thorway was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Thorway, dinner parties often end in politically charged fist fights.
- : Following new legislation in Thorway, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Thorway was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Thorway, fruit pickers with degrees in Rat psychology are a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Thorway, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Thorway endorsed The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom.
- : Thorway endorsed The Transhumanist Dominion of Alice Gardens.
- : Thorway was endorsed by The Grand and Most Serene Duchy of Unimaginable Doom.
Endorsements Received: 112 » Notyoutopia, Yaorozu, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Shadowrik, Reannia, Omicron Persei V111, Kaschovia, Enosville, Pallaith, Sil Dorsett, Holy Oranz, Frances Francis the First of France, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, Malta Comino Gozo, Hong Kong Empire, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Wineclaw, Siwale, Cleoskye, Vszeklina, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Rylam, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Selfgradatude, Wilkshire, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Necromonia, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Aenglaland, Pits and Perverts, AdyLand, Beowulfe, Prevaland, Kelvaros Prime, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, and 62 others.Yaris, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Asuroka, Articune, Cuyan, Stareogratia, Clintonburge, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Republic of Dixie, Palisede, Vogonlandia, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Northern Toxicus, Humptalumpta, Universal State Formula, Coppicia, Amerian States, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Zandir Antari, Sanjurika, Xentherida, The Lancerian Empire, PlanetPunk, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Maestros haven, Territorio di Nessuno, Lionia, Corfad, Fckinablearisticationalia, Phillywob, Tel Qual, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Celebia, Forunte, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Thenaca, Beodarasc, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Rockym, Deropia, Buten, Xinchao, Victoriaans Nederlands, Morrn, Sailence, New-El, Midds Conia, Alice Gardens, and Unimaginable Doom.