The Free Land of Thorn79 is a huge, pleasant nation, notable for its burgeoning Scorpion population. The hard-working population of 417 million Thorn79ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 26.2%.
The Thorn79ian economy, worth 15.4 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 36,994 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thorn79's national animal is the Scorpion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thorn79 relocated from Belisa to Suspicious.
- : Thorn79 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Thorn79's influence in Belisa rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Thorn79's influence in Belisa rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Thorn79's influence in Belisa rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Thorn79's influence in Belisa rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Thorn79 proposed constructing embassies between Belisa and The Black Hawks.
- : Thorn79 proposed constructing embassies between Belisa and The Brotherhood of Malice.
- : Thorn79 set the regional banner of Belisa.
- : Thorn79 altered the regional flag of Belisa.