The Socialist Nordic States of Thoricia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Council with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 15.362 billion Thoricians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 72.9%.
The Thorician economy, worth a remarkable 1,152 trillion verds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 75,001 verds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, calisthenics is a well-known tax-dodging technique, and mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thoricia's national animal is the oxen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thoricia's influence in Armagedox fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Thoricia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Thoricia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 10% for Most Zombified.
- : Thoricia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies.
- : Thoricia proposed constructing embassies between Armagedox and Gholgoth.
- : Thoricia rejected a request from Lardyland for an embassy with Armagedox.
- : Thoricia's influence in Armagedox fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Thoricia updated the World Factbook entry in Armagedox.
- : Thoricia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Thoricia proposed constructing embassies between Armagedox and Teremara.