The Pacifist Cantons of Thomsylvania is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Supreme Senate of Representatives with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.884 billion Thomsylvanians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glyndŵr. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The Thomsylvanian economy, worth 272 trillion Galleons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,146 Galleons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extreme political groups are outlawed, graffiti graces every city's streets, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thomsylvania's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thomsylvania's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Thomsylvania's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Thomsylvania's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Thomsylvania's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Thomsylvania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth, Most Beautiful Environments, Best Weather, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, and Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Thomsylvania, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Thomsylvania was refounded in Balder.
- : Thomsylvania ceased to exist.
- : Thomsylvania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Thomsylvania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).