The Lore of Thneedtown is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ebeziah Muji with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 8.845 billion Thneedans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zirotler. The average income tax rate is 76.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thneed economy, worth 938 trillion Gekans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,081 Gekans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, garishly-decorated government buildings are being hailed as the height of 'religious nouveau', and disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thneedtown's national animal is the Totar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nine Divines.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Republic of Selfgradatude.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Free Land of Bridgett.
- : Thneedtown was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 5% for Nicest Citizens.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Republic of Shadowrik.
- : Following new legislation in Thneedtown, disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The United Haven of Guyomartand.
- : Thneedtown was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Prevaland.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Empire of Cloydicia.
- : Thneedtown was endorsed by The Queendom of Che Sana Und.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Universal State Formula, Aerilia, Shin-Hachioji, Yaorozu, Buckerino, Stareogratia, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Wodan, Great Bights Mum, Friently, Coppicia, Vegetarian States, Diodone, Ainsworth, Kwaj, The Utopian Movement, Notyoutopia, General COE, Bayern-Straubing, Territorio di Nessuno, Pallaith, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Zedeya, Midds Conia, Vogonlandia, Deropia, PlanetPunk, Corfad, Sunto, Coemgen, Forunte, Kelvaros Prime, Reannia, Bharathvarsh, SillyString, Republic of Dixie, McMasterdonia, Agrauron, Sheppey, Wineclaw, Aenglaland, Mercy Land, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Holy Oranz, NatsukiLand, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Kaschovia, Siwale, Hexago, and 23 others.Thenaca, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sanjurika, Malvad, Dodione, Merconitonitopia, South Grand Mountain, Gospel Power, HMS Unicorn, Lord Ravenclaw, Astal Aavors, Xentherida, Techislovakia, AdyLand, Sil Dorsett, Pakistan 001, Che Sana Und, Cloydicia, Prevaland, Guyomartand, Shadowrik, Bridgett, and Selfgradatude.