The Theocracy of Thirteenth-State is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 368 million THIRTEENTH-STATEIANS are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant THIRTEENTH-STATEIAN economy, worth 3.23 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Cheese Exports, Soda Sales, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,765 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, organ donation is compulsory, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and some are born loving old plays and some have old plays thrust upon them. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thirteenth-State's national animal is the falcon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Thirteenth-State relocated from Dream Land to The Rejected Realms.
- : Thirteenth-State was ejected from Dream Land by The Seven Rainbow Islands of Dedede Empire.
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in Dream Land rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Republic of HQ XIII dismissed Thirteenth-State as Guardian of Thirteenth State.
- : Thirteenth-State altered its national flag.
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in Dream Land rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in Dream Land rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in Dream Land rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Thirteenth-State's influence in Dream Land rose from "Zero" to "Squire".