The Republican Territories of TheThanksgiving Turkey is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23.432 billion TheThanksgiving Turkeyians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28.7%.
The thriving TheThanksgiving Turkeyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,269 trillion basters a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Gambling, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 54,161 basters, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 160,504 per year while the poor average 14,348, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet. Crime is moderate. TheThanksgiving Turkey's national animal is the turkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey relocated from Balder to Right to Life.
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey was refounded in Balder.
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey ceased to exist in Right to Life.
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : TheThanksgiving Turkey's influence in Right to Life fell from "Squire" to "Page".