|Leader||President Jacob Zarman|
|Animal||Thermodolian Black Bear|
The National Republic of Thermodolia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Jacob Zarman with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 19.039 billion Thermodolians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thermodolia City. The average income tax rate is 87.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Thermodolian economy, worth a remarkable 3,779 trillion Thermas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 198,539 Thermas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
You're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies, sailors spend their shore leave helping old ladies cross the street, and old warplanes and tanks that break down can't be repaired since no one makes the parts anymore. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thermodolia's national animal is the Thermodolian Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Thermodolian Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thermodolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Thermodolia rejected a request from 0 0 0 for an embassy with Zentari.
- : Thermodolia lodged a message on the Zentari Regional Message Board.
- : Thermodolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Patriotic.
- : Thermodolia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Thermodolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Thermodolia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Thermodolia updated the World Factbook entry in ZDay Command Center.
- : Thermodolia granted Polls authority to the WA Delegate in ZDay Command Center.
- : Thermodolia agreed to construct embassies between ZDay Command Center and Guinea Kiribati.