The Sexy Spacefaring Shogunate of The Zocalo is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Sheridan with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, digital currency, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 32.884 billion Babylonians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blue Sector. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Zocaloan economy, worth an astonishing 24,208 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is a breathtaking 736,184 credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,517,908 per year while the poor average 90,344, a ratio of 38.9 to 1.
People say that smog must be good for you because of its healthy green colour, East Lebatuck tests its moon rovers in the barren wasteland of rural The Zocalo, the local custom of Biking With The Cars sends tourists home bemused or in body-bags, and there's never enough space in space. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Zocalo's national animal is the Pakmara, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Foundationism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Zocalo's influence in Babylon 5 rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in The Zocalo, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in The Zocalo, the local custom of Biking With The Cars sends tourists home bemused or in body-bags.
- : The Zocalo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies.
- : The Zocalo was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Empire of Bolysus, infecting 330 million survivors.
- : The Zocalo was ravaged by a Zombie Thing Horde from The Empire of Bolysus, infecting 522 million survivors and converting to a zombie exporter! Oh no!
- : The Zocalo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Survivors and Most Dead.
- : The Zocalo lodged a message on the Babylon 5 Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in The Zocalo, East Lebatuck tests its moon rovers in the barren wasteland of rural The Zocalo.
- : Following new legislation in The Zocalo, people say that smog must be good for you because of its healthy green colour.