The Republic of The Violation is a colossal, safe nation, remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The democratic population of 6.589 billion edgy teens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals keep a keen eye out for any attempt to organize such a thing, and ruthlessly crush it. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Violationian economy, worth 98.5 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Furniture Restoration, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 14,945 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Smoking is banned in public areas, the Violetist community celebrates bombshells being dropped on The Violation, the national government has been dissolved by revolutionary insurgents, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Violation's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Violation's influence in Star Alliance Group rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Violation's influence in Star Alliance Group rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Violation resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Violation's influence in Star Alliance Group rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The Violation relocated from Artificial Solar System to Star Alliance Group.
- : The Violation was endorsed by The Republic of Bored Fauxia.
- : The Violation was endorsed by The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 25.
- : The Violation was endorsed by The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 231.
- : The Violation was endorsed by The Republic of Fandom Outpost 9.
- : The Violation endorsed The Republic of Enyo 53.