|Faith||The Shenru Prophecy|
|Currency||Vahkiran Royal Credit|
The Second Empire of The Vahkiran is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 14.427 billion Vahkiran are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kal'Ruul'Tek. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.5%.
The all-consuming Vahkiran economy, worth a remarkable 1,590 trillion Vahkiran Royal Credits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 110,278 Vahkiran Royal Credits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 407,321 per year while the poor average 21,054, a ratio of 19.3 to 1.
Former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders, research into 'designer babies' is banned, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away, and attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Vahkiran's national animal is the Jahkii, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Shenru Prophecy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Vahkiran lodged a message on the The Local Cluster Regional Message Board.
- : The Vahkiran's influence in The Local Cluster fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Vahkiran's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Vahkiran altered its national flag.
- : The Vahkiran's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Vahkiran relocated from Lazarus to The Local Cluster.
- : The Vahkiran was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Vahkiran ceased to exist in The Local Cluster.
- : The Vahkiran was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Vahkiran's influence in The Local Cluster rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".