The Holy Empire of THE V0ID is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Beelzebub with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, public floggings, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.074 billion V0IDians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eldritch Rift. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.2%.
The frighteningly efficient V0IDian economy, worth 181 trillion Souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 169,291 Souls, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 845,193 per year while the poor average 19,090, a ratio of 44.3 to 1.
Trespassers entering Beelzebub's office are immediately vaporized, awkward tourists are offered the 'unique experience' of rodeo clown, people are often woken up by rubbish music, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. THE V0ID's national animal is the Purple worm, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Voidizem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : THE V0ID was endorsed by The Republic of Pirnovo.
- : THE V0ID voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, people are often woken up by rubbish music.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, awkward tourists are offered the 'unique experience' of rodeo clown.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, trespassers entering Beelzebub's office are immediately vaporized.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, the "boy who cried wolf" policy makes sick people reluctant to call an ambulance.
- : THE V0ID voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : THE V0ID voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, emergency services don't respond to trailer park fires.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Zukchiva, Mays Austrian Nation, Arunika, Debluu, Wallenburg, A mean old man, Gunov, VW53Aland, Rainbow Vests, Axdel, Brotherland, East Malaysia, Headpat Central, Oofery, Dragons Blood, Lyontisia, Under Upper Antartica, Ridann, Asendavia, Sunsistan, United Socialist States of Amerika, Republic of Berzerkistan, Goodnamesarerare, Lanagon, Wiranath, Elejamie, The Almighty Country, Firenation91, Cameronia Excellentia, North Insomnia, Roliganistan, Peatiktist, A Slanted Black Stripe, The Empire of Rijelv, The solar ottomans, Imperial Akatsuki, Adavan, Drunken Seal Islands, Seri Tai Republic, Taurora, Talitoa, Kangarawa, Barfleur, ReeK, Kucia, New Leganes, Trimmania, Tretrid, Enlil, Duracell, and 59 others.Zidium, Bai Lung, La xinga, Kilkire, H-Zhena, Kaigi, Davinhia, Marrabuk, BearStackof2015, Freedom Fascists, Amjedia, Enou, Dahom, Rhealaliit, Kampf Empire, Servants of Gizmo, Grossvietnam, Federated States of Zootron, Ripsylvania, Dragonia, Unger under over, Wizardonia, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Sen Jast, Harro Waarudho, United China Nation, HinduRashtr, Aeljae, Joundia, Interdimensional Waifus, Sansangra, Wanabe, Socialist Holy American Empire, Roissyland, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Fellon, Santa Dystopia, FreedomIand, CopyCato, Eastern Alksearia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Argentianworkslasia, Modra, Slys Paws, Greater New Cassandra, Lorrana, Biingus, The Three States of Fortuna, Espeon LD, Dravida India, Kavanos, Cellar Doors, Kagorg Bra Corna, The Kulaata Islands, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Eagle Crest, and Pirnovo.