The Commonwealth of The Utopian Initiative is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Mars Julien with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.751 billion Emancipated love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prodromos. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Emancipated economy, worth 239 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 136,654 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has nearly as many history museums as Emancipated, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Prodromos to enjoy their national art, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild, and bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Utopian Initiative's national animal is the octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Utopian Initiative was endorsed by The Republic of Marralore.
- : The Utopian Initiative was endorsed by The Confederacy of Socialist Cooperative Republics.
- : The Utopian Initiative was endorsed by The Bauble Breaking Memelords of Alsatian Island.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Prodromos to enjoy their national art.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Emancipated.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in The Utopian Initiative, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs.
Endorsements Received: 171 » Sil Dorsett, Ilisseia, Pallaith, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Great Bights Mum, Kaschovia, Kwaj, Kyrianian, Zokk, Alice Gardens, Yaorozu, Esplandia, BrightFutures, Mercy Land, Isimud, Beladev, Reannia, Holy Oranz, Aldion, Ainsworth, Aenglaland, Frances Francis the First of France, Putal, Puczovska, Lorthar, Edon-Ko, PlanetPunk, Bharathvarsh, Shadowrik, New Lakemba, Enosville, Omicron Persei V111, Amerian States, Cookiesia, Aezus, Panama Coalition, General COE, New Chilokver, Kiberio, Middle Drazzi, HMS Unicorn, Prospit, SORT, Friently, Rouene, WE Empire, The Bureaucratic Territories, Vasic, Wooleystan, and 121 others.HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, Camarthen, Lupus Imperium, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Aragael, The Archer Republic, Siwale, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Diodone, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Selfgradatude, Antmn2, New Sekai, Athenian Coalition, Arach-Naga Combine, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Blurds, Plembobria, Prevaland, Paxiosolange, Rylam, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, AdyLand, The Utopian Movement, Kelvaros Prime, Sankami, Yaris, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Stareogratia, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Palisede, Lungha, Vogonlandia, Seven Hills, Cuyan, The Iron Lions, Bayern-Straubing, Lord Ravenclaw, Che Sana Und, Cloydicia, The Akhara Islands, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Lamexanope, Zedeya, Prydania, El Doradi, Avornica, Soviet Terran, Drasvidania, Euginus, Walter Jackson, Coppicia, United States of Panthalassa, Lemonbiscuits, Territorio di Nessuno, Xentherida, The Lancerian Empire, Maestros haven, Tredano, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Phillywob, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Celebia, Forunte, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Thenaca, Beodarasc, Fawkenia, Cardistria, Republic of Dixie, Pria Xennes, Felhaven, Sacrento, Victoriaans Nederlands, Aris Republic, New-El, Midds Conia, Legique, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, Apetopia, Agrauron, Asuroka, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, NatsukiLand, Sanjurika, Rumplesnakeskin, The South Falls, Malvad, Merconitonitopia, Dechire par la Guerre, Gospel Power, New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Saint Marks Island, Techislovakia, South Lu, Astal Aavors, SchoolHouse Rock, Hexago, Bridgett, Unsophisticate, Pleroma Sans Romans, Eglise Sainte Eve, Alsatian Island, Socialist Cooperative Republics, and Marralore.