|Leader||The Ministry of high and low ministers|
|Faith||The Church of the Machine God|
The Grand Republic of The United Republic of Westend is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Ministry of high and low ministers with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.955 billion Westendians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Porto Libero. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Westendian economy, worth a remarkable 2,554 trillion Sovereigns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 256,616 Sovereigns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Porto Libero Film Festival recently voted 'Westendian Getting Hit By Football' as best film, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, religious education is a new government priority, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime is totally unknown. The United Republic of Westend's national animal is the Dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is The Church of the Machine God.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The United Republic of Westend voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, religious education is a new government priority.
- : The United Republic of Westend voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, the Porto Libero Film Festival recently voted 'Westendian Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : The United Republic of Westend was endorsed by The Combined Corporations of Win Mints.
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, the nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons.
- : Following new legislation in The United Republic of Westend, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.
- : The United Republic of Westend voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
Endorsements Received: 151 » Fujai, Common Good, Sindria, DiscGolfLand, Numpties, Liberillia, The Undivided, Triestine, Ashkan, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Oometz, Kittenlicious, The Free States of Gotham, Barcocoland, Greg Tucker, Greynne, Thyrall, Nevafornia, Shaktirajya, WyEast, Gryphonian Alliance, Mirchusko, Condonohia, Psikuta, Ljosalfaryz, Divina Patriae, Pandaland III, Leukogeras, Westwind, Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Cryland, Zenduria, Bhang Bhang Duc, Tropical Isles, Sensorland, Orcatortugs, Ferroia, Marshalia, Fumafuma, Atheist States of Philippines, Champaign, Mathematania, Dilber, United Adaikes, Pandaland II, Arnic, Fielure, Probablynotverygoodistan, and 101 others.Albyion Kingdom, Gastenburg, The Fourth Redoubt, The North American Assembly, Rubberduckia, The Rega, Mercia Regnum, Wyndward, Free Radio States, Holmani, Xupqeu, Constantinopolisia, Santos-Dominius, Bodusse, Marina Nova, Athrid HullHund, 3kruimels, Sniki, Desmosthenes and Burke, The Technocratic Ideas, Western End Them Son, Ingentis Novus, Akshireuya, United States of Northern America, Glorious Existence, Libterraria, Thessalian, Escapitania, Fallgriffin, Kiensu, Moriari, Bigstickistan, Bova Ptaltand, Refugeeria, Lanaroce, Ellcrys, Arvladma, The divisive isolationists, Quevilis, Majuria, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Dankinsted, Great Sheriffdom, Pi Island, New Cerveza, Kalla, Scationtanland, The Isle of Burgrass, Einherfell, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Zoran, New Belia, Plankstein, Parinan, Nieubasria, Troodan, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Estriacea, Anuubis, The United Tribes of Bantai, Eskaton, Archonina, Inner Paniumati, Sirulinuck, Carvell, Volkason, Willow Gate, Marisala, Pepinooo, Thevinia, Irador, Emark, Giovanniland, Hamburg Neo, Samueliebox, Gracelantia, Isle Royale, San Diego Islands, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Fhaengshia, Oronia, BIteland, Ostrogothaland, Irvinovia, Diaconstipation, Kurabis, Ostellan, Bobki, Av Libertas Vindex, Newfieisland, Yaspica, Dalimbar, Valocke, Nagaraningrad, Ahssn, Aluminum Oxynitride, Iglot, and Win Mints.