|Leader||Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen|
The Kingdom of The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, infamous sell-swords, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.643 billion Pirates are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Administration, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Flotilla. The average income tax rate is 81.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Flotillan economy, worth 419 trillion galleons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 255,331 galleons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones, and when shaking hands with foreign leaders Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen wears an armoured gauntlet. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla's national animal is the Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, when shaking hands with foreign leaders Queen Imtura Tal Kaelen wears an armoured gauntlet.
- : The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the most commonly-worn shoes are concrete ones.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, the well-to-do in the South Pacific are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, a new apartment is worth a thousand betrayals.
- : Following new legislation in The United Pirate Cities of Flotilla, skyscrapers get built in just days.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Marinho Islands, Aumeltopia, Laamiva, Erinor, Auphelia, Tsunamy, PenguinPies, Alaninia, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Anserisa, Farengeto, Gonrati, Volaworand, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Bawkie, Tsvetania, Jehenna, Yeldarbsland, Valdutz, New Briantown, Ralphburg, Sandaoguo, West Pastafaria, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, Myness, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Hanguk-Nippon, Ebonhand, Royaltica, Ostko, Tepertopia, Kandorith, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, House Ahsanul, Andinla, Brunier, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Alfama, and 63 others.Sedunn, Nowa Europa, Vanbella, Eskvenn, Los Rodeos, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Belschaft, Abyssal Phantasm, Rotenaplistan, Aidenfieeld, Beepee, The Imperial Frost Federation, Vardanfel, Blondiesland, Wakandan Tribes, Roterdamia, WI SD EA D, Canmore, Holota, Treir, Synarion, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Ceutalia, The Founding Citadel, Wallechi, Lionstrapower, Truskawkoland, Honey Cake, Qawe, LadyRebels, The Altan, Seythennia, Doge Land, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, NIGHTRAY, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Greater Scottdascoda, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Drystar, Ipugao, Sapientiano, Carrelie, Yeses, Freedoom, Tughampton, Noimosini, Fission, The United Australian States, Freavia, Western Fardelshufflestein, Populaa, New Goldman, East Nagaland, The island of Sorna, and Alambar.