|Leader||Chancellor Jovan Milosevic|
The Greater Serbia of The Unified Balkan States is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Jovan Milosevic with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.07 billion Serbians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zastava. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Serbian economy, worth a remarkable 1,510 trillion Serbian Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 166,553 Serbian Dinars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 766,682 per year while the poor average 21,912, a ratio of 35.0 to 1.
The government baselessly accuses foreign dignitaries of being assassins, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air The Unified Balkan States flights to avoid the pay lavatories, and the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks". Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Unified Balkan States's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Unified Balkan States's influence in Eurth fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : The Unified Balkan States's influence in Eurth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : The Unified Balkan States's influence in Eurth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Unified Balkan States's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : The Unified Balkan States relocated from The Rejected Realms to Eurth.
- : The Unified Balkan States's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Unified Balkan States was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : The Unified Balkan States relocated from Europa to The Rejected Realms.
- : The Unified Balkan States was ejected and banned from Europa by The Free Federation of The Europa Empire.
- : The Unified Balkan States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.