|Leader||Empress Bella Cartwine|
The Empire of The Twelve Isles is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Empress Bella Cartwine with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.779 billion Imperials are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Environment and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Townhill. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.6%.
The very strong Twelve Islesian economy, worth 564 trillion Penets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 72,551 Penets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 220,121 per year while the poor average 18,588, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
The new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", more and more people are signing up for the government party, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns, and diplomats are always trying to convince other nations to adopt l33t speak. Crime is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Twelve Isles's national animal is the Leviathan Whale, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Twelve Isles's influence in Federation of Allies rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Twelve Isles's influence in Federation of Allies rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : The Twelve Isles altered its national flag.
- : The Twelve Isles relocated from Osiris to Federation of Allies.
- : Following new legislation in The Twelve Isles, diplomats are always trying to convince other nations to adopt l33t speak.
- : Following new legislation in The Twelve Isles, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.
- : The Twelve Isles was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Twelve Isles ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : The Twelve Isles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : The Twelve Isles's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".