The Republic of The Torrentin is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Arthur Dayne with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 1.138 billion Torrentinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Starfall. The average income tax rate is 74.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Torrentinian economy, worth 47.0 trillion daynes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,320 daynes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Torrentinian democracy, and on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Torrentin's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Torrentin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Torrentin was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Steel Vagabonds.
- : The Torrentin was endorsed by The Communist Democracy of Kan Po.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, the silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Torrentinian democracy.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, immigrants are required to salute the flag five times a day.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Following new legislation in The Torrentin, the national security service are a bunch of crooks.
- : The Torrentin endorsed The Shape of Tiegenhof.
- : The Torrentin endorsed The Politeia of Sophisica.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Scani, Treadwellia, Captain Apollo, New Rogernomics, Americastrailia, Nargorthia, Hycronesia, Leonism, Fluffiness, Sombrassino, SunnyPhiladelphia, Aigania, Loftegen 2, The Pharcyde, Kappan, Sharps inc, ZeinLan, The Celestial Lands, Caybow, Axixic, Skin Nation The Second, Aleckandor, Zirachia, Mzeusia, Marcellinople, Makdon, Wintermoot III, Emperor PJ, Hickerbilly, Nova Zemlya, Darkium, Margandy, Bhiff, United Balkan Union, The Illusian Empire, Halliway, Courlany, Altmar, Derthal, RadRoachInc, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Dhan, Ithania, Snoodum, The Salvation States, Varotium, Your Imaginary Friend, The Rin Mang, Denado, Aaecilia, and 13 others.Perchan, Burning Pants, Sulfux, Lazarene Ryccia, Lake Flotillas, The New California Republic, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Rommanda, Sophisica, Tiegenhof, Kan Po, and Steel Vagabonds.