The Holy Empire of The Templar Papal New State is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Augustus XVII with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.053 billion Papal New Stateans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roma. The average income tax rate is 88.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Templar Papal New Statean economy, worth 589 trillion Papal Lire a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,471 Papal Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Augustus XVII claims no responsibility for what Augustus XVII's government does, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Templar Papal New Statean as 'your finger, you fool', reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service, and all-natural foods are becoming a major fad. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Templar Papal New State's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Templar Papal New Statean as 'your finger, you fool'.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, Augustus XVII claims no responsibility for what Augustus XVII's government does.
- : The Templar Papal New State voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Confederacy of Layem".
- : The Templar Papal New State was endorsed by The People's Kingdom of Corsoaua.
- : The Templar Papal New State was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, a little pushing and pulling is needed for big ships to pass.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, government spokespeople are working overtime trying to convince concerned citizens that Augustus XVII is not a crook.
- : Following new legislation in The Templar Papal New State, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
Endorsements Received: 120 » The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Invernessia, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, Walfo, Northern German Federation, Republic of Satherland, Someseni, GanymedEuropa, Thracia Republic, Pilipinas and Malaya, Irminsulia, Dark Matter, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The New Nordic Union, Galway-Dublin, Jim the Baptist, The Reunited Yugoslavs, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, Imperium Anglorum, Godefargen, Grodisze, An Clar, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, South St Maarten, North of Americas, Meropis, Savinecross, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, Kanokla, Noristoniaka, Thils, NorthPortugal, Estellan, Valtrona, Christian Terra, Nardin, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, United Communes of Chile, Othenhiem, New Eestiball, Stromia, Brittany Normandy Aquitaine, and 70 others.Zulrich, Gliesetonia, Maalat, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Parliamentary Laramidia, Robbonia, Estonesia, Lord Sapre, Khuravia, Trisikistan, Thracia and Crimea, East Kirea, The Scandinavian Realm, Chronus, Eppur, Wombelland, Theat ble Asialica, Europe a Nation, West Atone, Outer Sparta, Bareu, Aura Banitia, Fanadia, Nomaida, Girvage, Scytharum, Aroale, Peoples Republic of Chinese Asia, Warzakie, Zarulia, Koenskyte, Rhodaesa, Leszno, Tschechisches Reich, Quebris, Feldorf, Norbarch, Titoist Yugoslavia, Greater Albaina, Soclania, New Ylicia, Old World Order, Magyarostan, The Federal States of Ezasao, Janart, Alsted, Schiltia, Belvanski, Panversia, Pereiras, Berlin and Hanover, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Rary, United States of Russia1, MEoW-mEoW-mIa, Dabarastan, Heplon, Felhaven, Gorzi, Northen Czech, Marvingia, Kebabian States, Bodrog, Corsovica, Weeddialvon, Arsenial, Dunsteen, Dervenland, Veemaa, and Corsoaua.