The Institution of The Technocrates is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Hari Seldon with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 1.406 billion Technocrats are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trantor. The average income tax rate is 81.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Technocratic economy, worth 235 trillion ΨCredits a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 167,787 ΨCredits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
There has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme, and government popup ads are springing up like weeds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Technocrates's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Galactic Ascendance.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Technocrates was endorsed by The Republic of Great Africans.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- : The Technocrates was endorsed by The Dominion of Wild Space.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, almost every singles' party has a clergy and courtesans theme.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, students at universities think exercise bikes are pieces of abstract art.
- : The Technocrates endorsed The Ice-cream loving state of Amerion.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : The Technocrates was endorsed by The Ice-cream loving state of Amerion.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Trantor as a backdrop.
- : Following new legislation in The Technocrates, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Volaworand, Quiescent, Luddinlande, Hanguk-Nippon, Jaxon, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, United States of Vietnam, Farengeto, Yellunstryer, Kringalia, New Briantown, Sedunn, Erinor, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Paranoia, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, UnShleepd, Elveka, Lester Crest, European Defense Organization, The National Corporation, Northendia, Southern Numenor, Jehenna, Silberne Wache, Aywhyou, Macrothea, Nova Montron, Tsvetania, Kiasu-ism, KIROVET, Curlyhoward, Theorin, Seliyan progressive Islands, Ancient Slobovia, Darakin, Shengtie, The United Expanse, Liberated Lambergs, The Solar System Scope, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Aguatania, Cypheri, Si-topia, Lambdaland, WTP All the good names are taken, and 65 others.Soem, Rebel-topia, Sanden, Bergenu, Barabarom, Concrete Slab, Pamela And Hepatitis, Transtemporal Shifts, Japanese Federal Republic, Pax Dracon, Farelonia, Lotadia, Bandorion, GI-Land, Vincent Field, FreeFishers, Xandev, Cuuldere, Saciu, Lorora3, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Rabbitz, Grouu, Auphelia, Kroumos, Midand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Qairus, Birdkeeper, Maletora, Akindom, Land Without Shrimp, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Ostanasia, The Dragon Enclave, Herbert Island, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Nothanksbutseriously, Wese Zippopiteradgil, Stoniamera, Staubsaugen, Ariankido, Choodox, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Mikole, Slenrotros, Nowa Europa, Agalaesia, Changolandia, San Anaben, Churumduul, Chocholand, Qawe, Pays de Loire, Roavin, Phanama, Amerion, Wild Space, and Great Africans.