|Leader||Prime Minister Gunnar|
The Free Land of The Steephills is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Gunnar with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 2.72 billion Steephillsians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asgard. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Steephillsian economy, worth 345 trillion euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 127,078 euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's rare to find an unchewed pencil, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, and school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Steephills's national animal is the Rooster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, it's rare to find an unchewed pencil.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
- : Following new legislation in The Steephills, Prime Minister Gunnar is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : The Steephills was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bibliophilius.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Karelianastan, Crescent Commune, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Berlin Commune, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Ubertas, Anarchic Cirrikh, Solveneia, Karnpella, North Fluedan, New Wark Turulov, Ganjallia, Old Mare, Shamian, Ostveimar, Vulga, Saint Shepard, Virgondo, The palace of God 2, ZhongMania, Blakkland, Vestrik, Rubumba, Illeron, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Thebrin, Kitchen Nation, Grand Radia, Daiamid, Advice, Feyrisshire, Virdmar, Ambaniala, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Debordan, Rothnia, Phallas, KatfNoPha, Tanamerah, Great Galanthia, The United Sangha, Kethania, Zaversko, Dimitrija, Secutor, New Soviet States of America, Domona, Drumrum, Kolechecka, Wirkungsgrad, and 53 others.Jacarta, -Gregoria, Transbiansylvania, Bananorium, New Astri, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Rhudiland, Sirijiva, Anarhic Morrowind, Chevodonia, Cometa Scarlatta, Sipsin, Kheshiga, Souptorrych, Itilien, Freevalour, Gramscina, Ruskania, Soviet Socialist Anglia, BurningPhoenix, Marxmeans, New Plant, Land of the Free People, Vielkopolitika, Newsun, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, Bruzzundunga, The Plebeian States, Poland Karia, The Passerine Islands, East Boulevard, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Imperial Plumbus, Pajonia, Lippefess, Novosyolovsky, Dudaev, Sodoran Alesia, Lorgim Lukka, Radicalania, The Democratic Democracy of Democracies, Garbynia, Koralo, Brezzia, Bonpisces, Vilouki, Paleozoa, St Lyaos, Samyang, Soviet Felines, Hastita, Tonguo, and Bibliophilius.