|Animal||bird of prey|
The Marching Band of The Starvation Army is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16.339 billion Starvationists are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 59.0%.
The Starvationist economy, worth 688 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 42,121 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, voting is compulsory, and thieves are flogged in public for their crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Starvation Army's national animal is the bird of prey, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Starvation Army's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Starvation Army's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Starvation Army's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Starvation Army's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Starvation Army relocated from The Varied Political Landscape to Artificial Solar System.
- : The Starvation Army applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Starvation Army resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Starvation Army was endorsed by The Republic of Take The Journey.
- : The Starvation Army endorsed The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 77.
- : The Starvation Army endorsed The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 38.