|Leader||The Mad King of Hell|
The Mad King of Hell of The Stalker is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Mad King of Hell with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.071 billion Damned Souls are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Spirituality, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hell. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Damned to Hell economy, worth an astonishing 11,044 trillion Souls a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Retail, and Trout Farming. Average income is a breathtaking 732,811 Souls, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,616,997 per year while the poor average 147,453, a ratio of 17.7 to 1.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, and bungee jumpers frequently go splat. Crime is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Stalker's national animal is the White Rabbit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Discordianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, bungee jumpers frequently go splat.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : The Stalker was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, the well-to-do in Hell are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, people all over The Stalker are dying of 'Mad White Rabbit Disease'.
- : The Stalker voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Freddland, Big Jim P, Cynical Alcoholics, Boolaroo, Donkervader, Kyraina, Sathan, New Paristan, Stantenople, Warchief Mordok, Premedite, The Belgian Rex, Zen Beatitudes, and Ingskalla.