|Leader||The Mad King of Hell|
The Mad King of Hell of The Stalker is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Mad King of Hell with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, ban on automobiles, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 13.591 billion Damned Souls are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Spirituality, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hell. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Damned to Hell economy, worth a remarkable 9,283 trillion Souls a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is a breathtaking 683,087 Souls, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,303,509 per year while the poor average 81,940, a ratio of 40.3 to 1.
On graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons, Harry Potter books are banned, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, and dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming. Crime is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Stalker's national animal is the White Rabbit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Discordianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, on graduation day the hats thrown in the air fly high enough to stun passing pigeons.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, a full moon at night lets economists sleep tight.
- : Following new legislation in The Stalker, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women.
- : The Stalker updated the World Factbook entry in Hell.
- : The Stalker lodged a message on the Hell Regional Message Board.