|Leader||Daniel S Turbex|
The United Republic of The Southern Cascadian States is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Daniel S Turbex with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.213 billion Cascadians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olympia. The average income tax rate is 32.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cascadian economy, worth 85.0 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,047 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Street preachers spend more time condemning government bureaucracy than passers-by, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, and The Southern Cascadian States Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Southern Cascadian States's national animal is the orca whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Realm of Oryx the Mad God.
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Spartacist League of Municipalist Councilist Republics.
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Trivia Mistress of Lord Dominator.
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Black Horns.
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Free Land of Ordand.
- : The Southern Cascadian States endorsed The Republic of Raccoon Creek.
- : The Southern Cascadian States voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Species Extinction".
- : The Southern Cascadian States was endorsed by The Republic of Raccoon Creek.
- : The Southern Cascadian States voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Endangered Species Protection"".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Meropis, Blon Gre, Ownzone, Canaltia, Wantevolo, Ransium, Ruinenlust, Atsvea, Feladria, Uan aa Boa, New Ladavia, The Void Territories, Cosona, Love and Nature, Turbeaux, Mountain Ash Forests, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Tauride, The Black Forrest, Taco Respublic, Cat-Herders United, Rivienland, Candlewhisper Archive, Window Land, Forgotten Beauty, Chilledsville, Ironic Remarks, Kannap, Banandonia, Rorston, Dwardossa, Entitize, Elundris, Frieden-und Freudenland, Santa Guerrera, Na Realtai, The Grene Knyght, Kawastyselir, Reannia, Australis Terra, The British Antarctic Expedition, Kinganaryasia, Shimerta, Edible Plywood, Larifien, Verdant Haven, Novian Republics, Boar Stacks, Raccoon Creek, Ordand, and 5 others.The Black Horns, Lord Dominator, Municipalist Councilist Republics, Oryx the Mad God, and Paplia.