The Le gardien of The Silver Barony is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, cynical population of 5.714 billion Silver Barons are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.2%.
The very strong Silver Baronyian economy, worth 332 trillion eiknens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 58,176 eiknens, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 196,565 per year while the poor average 12,735, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Elections have been outlawed, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, mournful opera fans place bouquets of roses at a 3000 capacity parking lot, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Silver Barony's national animal is the Red-Plumed Potto, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Silver Barony's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : The Silver Barony's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : The Silver Barony's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Dealmaker".
- : The Silver Barony's influence in Sumerian Coalition fell from "Hermit" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Silver Barony's influence in Sumerian Coalition rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Silver Barony altered its national flag.
- : The Silver Barony relocated from Osiris to Sumerian Coalition.
- : The Silver Barony was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Silver Barony ceased to exist in Sumerian Coalition.
- : The Silver Barony was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.