The Kapa ʻEhu Kai of The Shining Purple Light is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Queen Ululani with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, cynical population of 9.915 billion Kānaka are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Honolulu. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaka economy, worth a remarkable 1,332 trillion Pūpūs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 134,415 Pūpūs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents, the government's new priority is citizens' access to cat videos, and healthcare workers are flummoxed over the spike in foreign tourists with sudden-onset heart disease. Crime is totally unknown. The Shining Purple Light's national animal is the Nēnē, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mana.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Shining Purple Light's influence in Fleurissant rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : The Shining Purple Light was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Mother Knows Best State".
- : The Shining Purple Light lodged a message on the Fleurissant Regional Message Board.
- : The Shining Purple Light's influence in Fleurissant rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Shining Purple Light voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : The Shining Purple Light voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : The Shining Purple Light published "Constitution of Ke Kapa ʻEhu Kai o Hawaiʻi" (Account: Other).
- : The Shining Purple Light voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : The Shining Purple Light voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : The Shining Purple Light changed its national nation type to "Kapa ʻEhu Kai".
Endorsements Received: None.